Where you start is nowhere near where you’re going to end up.
Today, I have the great pleasure to have a conversation with Tanya Tarr, Vice President at advantage SPRING, Forbes Contributor & Negotiation Strategist.
A former politician turned negotiation coach and entrepreneur, Tanya has interviewed hundreds of women executives from different representations in power writing for Forbes. She shares some great insights from her experience of what it takes to do meaningful work and live a meaningful life.
Key points discussed
- To find your purpose you have to be willing to have a frank and difficult conversation to have with yourself. It may be easier to ask what is the problem that I want to solve in the world? Her guiding star.
- How her multicultural background and experience shaped her curiosity about the world (she is half Korean-half Brazilian and spoke four different languages at home: English, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish)
- Tips to become good a master negotiator
- Why she decided to leave the not for profit world, having spent years promoting other people causes to transition into the business world
- Some powerful questions you should ask yourself to do what we’re passionate about and get paid for it
- Why doing what you love as a job can cease to become a passion and how to go about solving this dilemma
- Why trusting your gut and instincts early in life and believing in yourself should be your north star?
Well, why don’t you just listen to my conversation with Tanya Tarr to learn much more?
- Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyatarr/
- Why Women Don’t Ask by Dr Linda Babcock
- Ask For It: How Women Can Use the Power of Negotiation to Get What They Really Want by Dr Linda Babcock
- The Artist Way, Julia Cameron (Writing morning pages)
- The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
- Power Questions: Build Relationships, Win New Business, and Influence Other by Andrew Sobel and Jerold Panas
- Kendra Scott – https://www.kendrascott.com/
- Denise Morrison – https://www.campbells.com/campbell-soup/
- The B Team – http://www.bteam.org/
- Richard Branson – https://twitter.com/richardbranson
Contact Tanya Tarr
- Twitter @neardette
- Instagram: TanyaTarr
- LinkedIn Linkedin.com/in/tanyatarr/
- Do not hesitate to send Tanya your negotiation questions.
Contact Me, Francine Beleyi the host of the show
Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
Want to recommend guests to this show? Please suggest amazing people you’d like to hear from, and I’ll do my best to interview them.
I have a special gift I’d like to give you to celebrate the launch of this new podcast. I am giving away ‘digital packs’ of my book Personal Branding in the digital age to quick start your success in 2019. It includes: A eBook copy, an audiobook copy and an editable Playbook to create your personal brand roadmap.
For your chance to win one of the digital packs of my book, go to iTunes and leave a review on Meaningful Work, Meaningful Life podcast.
Post a screenshot of the review on Instagram or Twitter and tag @francinebeleyi.
Another way to win one of the digital packs is to comment below the post of the episode here and tell me your key takeaway and what one thing you’ve decided to do this year to have more meaning in your life. Maybe you’ve decided to write a book, launch a new product or get paid more. I’ll look through the comments to pick the winners and will send you the full digital pack of Personal branding in the digital age to help you quick start 2019 and smash your goals.
Subscribe to MWML podcast
Help me to share the MWML podcast
Use one the buttons below to share it with friends and colleagues