The biggest calling for me was when I realised what was making me happy and what was making me unhappy.
Today, I am discussing with Sophie Bryan, a Culture Change expert, TEDx Speaker | Writer | Trainer and Action Learning Coach. She is passionate about making change happen.
In our conversation, Sophie explains how she discovered her calling and decided to focus her work on culture change. She talks also about how to transform a traditional organisation into an innovative one and how to win hearts and minds instead of just training people to adapt to change. We’ve also discussed how to transition from a corporate job to do a more entrepreneurial work.
Sophie believes that we can use the Montessori teaching elements of freedom, curiosity and play both in our work and life for a more fulfilled life.
Key points discussed
- How she discovered her calling and decided to focus her work on culture change
- How to spot a truly innovative organisation where you can do a meaningful work
- Why the appraisal process in organisations is outdated and what should be done instead
- Why the command and control approach in the education system and in the workplace must end to create 21st century fully functioning individuals
- How to apply the Montessori teaching of freedom curiosity and play in our work and life
- And so much more
Now let’s listen to this insightful conversation with Sophie Bryan.
- Blinkist app: Get the summaries of key books in few minutes
- What If It Does Work Out?: How a Side Hustle Can Change Your Life by Susie Moore
- The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything by Sir Ken Robinson
Contact Sophie Bryan
- TEDx talk: Could Montessori be the answer to a better workplace?
- Email: Hello@ordinarywork
- Website: http://www.ordinarilydifferent.co.uk
- Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/sophiebryan/
Contact Me, Francine Beleyi the host of the show
Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
Want to recommend guests to this show?
Please suggest amazing people you’d like to hear from, and I’ll do my best to interview them.
Subscribe to MWML podcast
Help me to share the MWML podcast
Use one the buttons below to share it with friends and colleagues