People want to associate with other people they like and trust and who will add value to their life. How can they see that you are going to add value to them?
Today, I am focussing on why relationships and our network are the essential ingredients and even our shortcut for a meaningful life. I am sure you’ve heard many times that your network is your net worth! Or you are the average of the 5 persons you surround yourself with.
This is a reality that I understood later in life! I always thought that I could rely on myself to achieve my goals. This determination brought me some results but up to a certain point! Around me, I could see that some people less smart than me but with the right network & connections were getting way ahead of me! I talk more about this in my book Personal branding in the digital age and this is in part why I wrote this book.
This reality really hit me when I left my corporate job to start my business. So I started to pay attention and decided to deliberately create my success network.
Perhaps you are also late to the game and are just realising why you should deliberately start to build a solid network.
In this episode I talk about:
- The 2 critical steps you need to take to build a network that can absolutely change your fortune
- The relation between relationships and money
- Why you should listen to the episode 14 with Penny Power and her take on building great networks
- Why building strong relationships is more crucial now in a fast-changing world than ever
- How to build effective relationships even if you are not naturally good at it
- Three practical tips to boost your relationship skills
- How to leverage the internet to build the relationships you want
This is what you need to do to start investing in your network today.
- Download the success network weekly sheet
- Write the name of at least 5 people you would like to see in your network in each of the categories and connect with these people – If you do this each week, at the end of the year you will have an amazing network.
- Once you connect keep nourishing your network – each month try to send a message using a content strategy tool
- Leave a message in the comment section below to let me know about your key take-away from this episode.
If you are looking to build your network goals faster and sooner book a call with me to discuss your objectives.
- Download The Success Network weekly sheet
- Personality tests: MBTI, KOLBE or Wealth dynamics
- The YEANICCTM model from the book Personal branding in the digital age
- Personal branding in the digital age: how to become a known expert, thrive and make a difference in the connected world – available as eBook, audiobook and paperbook.
Contact Me, Francine Beleyi the host of the show
- Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
- Twitter: @FrancineBeleyi
- Instagram: @FrancineBeleyi
- LinkedIn Linkedin.com/in/francinebeleyi
Subscribe to MWML podcast
Help me to share the MWML podcast
Use one the buttons below to share it with friends and colleagues