I deeply know what it’s like to feel helpless and to feel like you don’t have control over the life that you are creating for yourself.
Discover how a little Italian girl with a Brazilian mum, turned her back to the American dream to travel the world to find her purpose in life and is now impacting thousands of people to share their stories.
Celinne Da Costa is a Life design and brand story coach, who work with visionary leaders, entrepreneurs, founders, to help them leverage the power of storytelling. Celinne’s work has been featured in major publications around the world, including Forbes, HuffPost, and Business Insider. She’s visited 50+ countries and travels full-time while running her business. She has a loyal community of 60,000+ fans following her adventures around the world.
In this riveting conversation, Celinne opens up about her journey from deep frustration and mistrust to experiencing human kindness and willingness to help one another.
She explains how she felt an immense amount of pressure to perform in the past and feeling like all the rules were laid out for her to follow.
“I was just like a placeholder version of myself and I couldn’t really be who I truly was and it just depressed me, it suffocated me, it gave me anxiety, angst,” she says.
Consistently questioning her purpose and why she was working so hard, a life-changing trip in Cambodia triggered her desire of change. She decided to make the most difficult decision to quit her corporate job and travel the world to do a social experiment: “travelling and sleeping in the homes of strangers, I realised that everyone in the world has a story to tell.”
She then explains how she found her calling with storytelling as her brand developed organically on social media and in traditional media and how she realised she could help other people to tap into their story to unearth their purpose, build a brand and grow a business. Celinne tells why she feels this strong urge to give back with her work, ironically as her biggest struggle in life was to trust people.
She also shares how she was able to shift her mindset from valuing external signs of success to embracing a deeper and fulfilling life as well as her secrets to make money doing what you love.
Celinne believes that we all have a story to tell, and something about your story will inspire and impact someone else if not hundreds, thousands and millions of people
If you are going through any hardship at the moment, this story will inspire you to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
What was your key takeaway from this episode? What are you committed to do today to find more meaning in your work and live a more meaningful life? Comment below.
If you’d like to clarify your goals and achieve them faster, there are 3 ways to do that:
- Buy the book Personal branding in the digital age: how to become a known expert, thrive and make a difference in the connected world – it’s available on Amazon, iTunes, Audible as eBook, audiobook and paperback.
- Work 121 with me to clarify your objectives & achieve them faster. Book a call now
- Time limited offer: If you are wondering whether you are communicating clearly to your audience what you do and why they should buy from you, apply for a complimentary assessment of your website . I will personally review your website and let you know what works and what may be confusing your prospects and a few guidance on what you need to do to clarify your message.
- Twitter: Twitter.com/celinnedacosta
- Instagram: Instagram.com/celinnedacosta
- Facebook: Facebook.com/CelinneDaCosta
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/celinnedacosta
Contact Me, Francine Beleyi the host of the show
- Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
- Twitter: @FrancineBeleyi
- Instagram: @FrancineBeleyi
- LinkedIn Linkedin.com/in/francinebeleyi
Subscribe to MWML podcast
Help me to share the MWML podcast
Use one the buttons below to share it with friends and colleagues