Love can create meaning for people if it’s in the context of caring.
This is the part two of my interview with Dr Bruce Lloyd, Emeritus Professor in Strategic Management, London South Bank University. In last week’s episode, Bruce shared great insights on leadership, wisdom, knowledge, management and organisation as well as the choice of his career, the relationship between quality of conversation and good decision making.
In today’s episode, we are going deep and more personal as he shares how he tried to escape a controlling mum, on being book alcoholic and having a curious mind, his long search for meaning, true meaning of love, his unfulfilled desire of being a philanthropist and much more.
Other subjects we discussed include:
- The paradox of education and how to reduce information stress
- Power vs responsibility
- Why values, organisation, conversation skills ought to be embedded in school curriculum
- How to keep ahead of the robots
- Why a meaningful life is not about making more money
- Why companionship is as valuable as love
- The rise of a lucrative industry: Geriatric backpacking
- How getting involved in many activities prevent you from ageing
- Why we should eliminate the taboo of discussing the planned end of life
If you haven’t listened to the first part, go and listen to that too as it will give you some more context to what we are discussing in today’s episode. Now let’s dive in.
What is your key takeaway from this episode? What are you committed to do today to find more meaning in your work and live a more meaningful life? Comment below.
If you are ready to leverage your personal brand in a meaningful way to create a successful business you love, Book a Strategic call now.
Buy the book Personal branding in the digital age: how to become a known expert, thrive and make a difference in the connected world – it’s available on Amazon, iTunes, Audible as eBook, audiobook and paperback.
- 1000 Messages for the New Millennium
- The World Future Society
- World Futures Studies Federation
- The Association of Professional Futurists (APF)
- Future Studies – Wikipedia
Contact Dr Bruce Lloyd
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/bruce-lloyd-623197/
- University profile: Lsbu.ac.uk/about-us/people/people-finder/prof-bruce-lloyd
Contact Me, Francine Beleyi the host of the show
- Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
- Twitter: @FrancineBeleyi
- Instagram: @FrancineBeleyi
- LinkedIn Linkedin.com/in/francinebeleyi
Subscribe to MWML podcast
Help me to share the MWML podcast
Use one the buttons below to share it with friends and colleagues