I don’t put a lot of effort into how I am in the world, all the effort goes into me being a person that I want to be. Dr Michael F. Steger
“It’s a gift when work is so meaningful that you’d do it for free. And that’s also a problem,” says, Dr Michael F. Steger, my guest in today’s episode.
About Dr Michael F. Steger
Michael is a Psychology Professor, Author, Speaker, Director of the Center for Meaning and Purpose. He is a recognized authority on meaning in life, purpose, happiness, psychological strengths, and positive psychology. His research interests center on understanding how people create a life worth living and seeking ways to help people flourish and achieve well-being.
In our fascinating conversation, Michael talks about
- His love for research and finding out why are we here on this planet – how we are going to be here and how we think about how we are here
- Two types of people: those who are questioners like himself and are always questioning and searching and other people who are more comfortable with certainty
- Why meaningful work is probably more demanding than meaningless one
- Why ultimately it comes down to what we’re going to do with our lives
- The complex nature of selfishness vs giving
- How he struggles with attention span and distraction
- Why he rather wants to be living his values right now than be remembered for something when he is no longer here
- And much more
What is your key takeaway from this episode? What are you committed to do today to find more meaning in your work and live a more meaningful life? Share your thoughts below.
- Book a Strategic call with me if you are ready to leverage your personal brand in a meaningful way to create a successful business you love.
- Buy the book Personal branding in the digital age: How to become a known expert, thrive and make a difference in the connected world – it’s available on Amazon, iTunes, Audible as eBook, audiobook and paperback.
- Does a Meaningful Job Need to Burn You Out?
- Chapter 5 – Happiness and Meaning in a Technological Age: A Psychological Approach by Michael Steger and Joo Yeon Shin
- Defending your life movie
Contact Dr Michael F. Steger
Contact Me, Francine Beleyi the host of the show
- Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
- Twitter: @FrancineBeleyi
- Instagram: @FrancineBeleyi
- LinkedIn Linkedin.com/in/francinebeleyi
Subscribe to MWML podcast
Help me to share the MWML podcast
Use one the buttons below to share it with friends and colleagues