“Financial freedom is being free in your mind, your body and your soul and living a life that you love on your own terms.” – Ramesha Nicole
Overview of the Episode
How to make wise financial decisions to make business profitable and become wealthy?
In today’s episode 79 of Meaningful Work, Meaningful Life podcast, I am excited to have on the show today Ramesha Nicole, an international teacher, transformational speaker and coach. She helps high achieving women shift their perspective on what it means to get free from their debt by giving them the tools needed to pay their debt off for real this time.
In this conversation, she shares how her journey to freedom began after overcoming traumatic moments in her childhood. Ramesha’s purpose is to help people experience true freedom. She believes that debt freedom is not just breaking free from the financial bondage of money, but true freedom is in someone’s mental, emotional, and physical state.
Here’s a snapshot of a few things we talked about
- “The Four Phases of Internal Transformation” starts with looking at past lessons and verbal influences and moving to present identity. Then putting systems in place, to help you get free from debt. And finally maintaining the momentum to break free from debt. Ramesha termed it as metamorphosis process.
- Ramesha tells the story of a traumatic moment in her childhood that continued to keep her in the cycles of debt. And how running from that moment was manifesting itself as debt.
- Financial freedom is part of our purpose. Once we begin to really understand why we are in debt, then we’re able to begin to shift our mindset.
- Often in this in society, we think that the number of degrees we have, the job that we have, the house that we live in, the car that we drive define us, but those things do not define us.
- Once we do the work from the inside out, then we’ll be able to experience the freedom because we’re getting rid of all of the stuff that was inside. And then from there, it’s going to manifest itself as freedom, not only just in our finances, but also in our physical health.
- Building a purposeful community is key. We are the average of the five people we surround ourselves with.
- Life may not be the way that we want it to be. But every day that we wake up and put one foot in front of the next, we should celebrate that
- Start to shift your perspective on what true freedom means to you. Once we get honest with ourselves about what that really means and what it looks for us, not for someone else, then we’ll be able to truly begin to experience that freedom in every area of our life.
Fire Questions and Answers
When you travel, do you select your flight by the cheapest flights over the duration?
It’s a combination of both. I tend to think sometimes I have a little bit of adult ADHD. So, that’s sitting down on a plane. I lived in Qatar and during those 16 hours of flight, I was up every two hours because I could not sleep, I couldn’t sit down. So, it has to be a combination of both. I do want to be mindful of my expenses but then how long am I really going to sit there?
If you had just one laptop and a hundred dollars to start making money right now, what would you do?
I would focus on monetising my brand and utilising my podcast platform.
What would you say is financial freedom for you?
To me, financial freedom is being free in your mind, your body and your soul and living in a life that you love on your own terms.
What is your definition of Meaningful Work, meaningful life?
Meaningful work, meaningful life is doing that thing that you know that you’ve been called to do to impact the people that you’ve been called to impact.
Final piece of advice to do more meaningful work and live a meaningful life.
My last piece of advice would be to begin to really shift your perspective on what it means to be free. Really begin to shift your perspective on what true freedom means to you. And once you get honest with yourself about what that really means for you, not for someone else. Then you’ll be able to truly begin to experience that freedom in every area of your life.
Quotes by Ramesha Nicole
- Forgiveness is a part of debt freedom. In order to forgive ourselves, first, we have to know that we’ve already been forgiven.
- Becoming whole, becoming one with ourselves, forgiving ourselves, forgiving others, letting go of anything that is continuing to keep us hostage and we’ll be able to fully free ourselves, to not only experience freedom, but to truly walk in our purpose.
- Know that every day is a blessing. When we wake up in the morning and we still have breath in our life, there is still a purpose.
- Money isn’t everything; it’s a tool to help us live the life we want.
- Everybody has a purpose. Everyone might not be called to a grand stage, but even if we speak to a stage of one, that’s still a stage.