“Doing the healing work is like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. It is something you do every single day.” – Jane Ysadora
Overview of the Episode
How do you get to the root cause of your money issues?
I’m excited to have in today’s episode 82 of Meaningful Work, Meaningful Life podcast, Jane Ysadora, a transformational money coach who went from broke single mum to become a financial consultant, making a six-figure income. She helps people to reach the root cause of why they struggle with money and work with their trauma. Then she teaches them what to do with money and how to achieve their money goals.
In this conversation, Jane shares how she takes a trauma aware approach to help clients find the root cause of their underearning, overspending, chronic debt, and the reason they are stuck in their current financial situations. She has discovered that these problems often spill over into their business and her goal is to help her clients navigate and heal those problems.
Here’s a snapshot of a few things we talked about
- Jane shares how we acquire many of our money problems beginning with our early attachment and how wounds during that time can lead to money issues.
- Why dance parties are essential to time management in Jane’s life to keep herself focused and engaged in her work.
- Jane’s background with money was often filled with either stressful conversations or no conversations regarding money and money management.
- Jane opens up about her financial struggles and the reality of avoiding money to the point of never checking her balance and praying her payment would clear when buying groceries.
- Why we avoid money and how we need to face our feelings of overwhelming to overcome our money avoidance.
- Overcoming our money challenges can take years but we have to be willing to do the required work to get there!
- Our symptoms and feelings around money are housed within our body; we need to discover the experience that has created those symptoms.
- We need to be a good steward of money by caring for them as resources we are blessed with and that can propel us to the next level. The process of being a good steward includes budgeting and personalization.
- Jane explains how the law of attraction has become toxic when we have this idea that we can do nothing and have a million dollars.
Fire Questions and Answers
When you travel, do you select your flight by the cheapest flights or by the duration?
If you had just one laptop and a hundred dollars to start making money today, what would you be doing?
I would get online and make a coaching offer.
What is financial freedom for you?
The ability to give my gifts whenever and wherever I am.
What is your definition of Meaningful Work, meaningful life?
Something where my unique skillset and my unique talents and my unique experiences combine to positively impact the lives of others.
Last piece of guidance to do more meaningful work and live a meaningful life?
I think the more you can imbue a spirit of gratitude in the way you interact with your money, open your bank account and be grateful for what’s there. Even if it’s a little bit, even if it’s negative, you can always at least be grateful for the lesson, right? And that gratitude will take you far on your financial journey, and it’s going to make it easier for you to learn.
Quotes by Jane Ysadora
- Doing the healing work is like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. It is something you do every single day.
- How we care for money is going to determine how we feel about it.
- Our joy feeds our purpose.
- Abundance is our natural state.
- Even if it’s a struggle, I know gratitude is going to make me better!
- If you want to stop avoiding money you have to first deal with the feelings of shame.
- If you have a dysfunctional relationship with money there isn’t a budget on earth that will work for you!
What is your key takeaway from this episode? What are you committed to doing today to find more meaning in your work and live a more meaningful life? Share your thoughts on my Facebook page.
If you are an entrepreneur with big ideas and a grand vision who struggle to attract your ideal clients and yearning to make an impact in the lives of thousands, apply to get a complimentary mini-brand audit call with me today
- Buy the book Personal branding in the digital age: How to become a known expert, thrive and make a difference in the connected world – it’s available on Amazon, iTunes, Audible as eBook, audiobook and paperback
Connect with Beleyi the host of the show
- Website: francinebeleyi.com/podcast – please post your comment below the posts
- Twitter: @FrancineBeleyi
- Instagram: @FrancineBeleyi
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/francinebeleyi
- GeniusU: Francine GeniusU Mentor profile
Request a complimentary 30-mn mini-brand audit
Subscribe to the Meaningful Work, Meaningful Life Podcast
Help Me Share this Podcast with Many More People
Use one the buttons below to share with friends and colleagues.