Only three days to go until the General Data Protection Regulation, known as GDPR kicks in, on the 25th May 2018. It’s Europe’s new framework for data protection laws that any business owner or organisation needs to be aware of even if you are not located in Europe.
Perhaps it’s you who are sending those emails and frankly you should have done so by now! If you aren’t sure, check out what is GDPR and how will it affect you?
Amongst the sea of messages received, some are more creative than others to entice you to open the email and click to stay on their mailing list. Here is a list of emails subject tiles grouped into two categories: the good ones that have compelled me to open the email and the bad ones, that went straight to the bin. Sic!
Just because the GDPR is a serious matter doesn’t mean the email subject should be so boring, scary or desperate. Here is my list:
Good Subject Titles that Get Opened
- Stay with us
- Let’s stay in touch, [name]
- We don’t want to lose you….
- Should we stay or should we go now?
- Please stay in touch! Action required
- Protecting your personal information
- [name] — important update (don’t delete!)
Bad or Boring Titles that Beg ‘Delete’
- GDPR – ACT NOW (really?)
- We’ve updated our Privacy and Cookie Policies (ok, well done!)
- GDPR kicks in next week- action required (what is GDPR again? Why should I care?)
- GDPR is coming. (So what?)
What about you? Do you have some good or bad GDPR subject lines to share? Click below to comment.
Did you like this post? Share it with friends and colleagues.