We are continuing the #NOCTechAfrica series, where I interview inspiring African Tech entrepreneurs, in the diaspora and on the continent, to explore how to unlock the immense potential of Africa and what it takes to succeed on the continent.
In this second episode, I am in conversation with Antonia Anni, a User Experience Consultant, from Nigeria. She has brought UX to CSR, Corporate Communications and Sustainability with brands like CocaCola, Investec, Allen & Overy and Anglo American. She focusses on Edtech and eCommerce and leads Codecademy meetup in London and WomenintechAfrica.
With a design and engineering background, Antonia tells us about:
- User Experience and why it matters so much these days
- How her early passion in gaming led her to choose her path in life
- Some initiatives that are creating the next generation of tech entrepreneurs in Africa, able to compete on the global scene in a very short time
- Why being a woman in tech has never been an issue
- The importance of having a support network, especially a mentor from your background, and tips to recruit the right one
- Why being savvy in finance is a must
- The role of personal branding to achieve your goals faster
- How faith helps her to live a blessed, loving and non-judgmental life
- How to deal effectively with challenges that crop up on your path
- How Europe and Africa can make the most of their relations
- Why collaboration is important to make change happen in meaningful way
- And much more nuggets of wisedom
Did you like this conversation? Toni and I would love to hear from you. What was your key takeaway from this conversation? Comment below.
You can also subscribe to noc TV channel where we will bring you more inspiring stories of African Tech entrepreneurs.